Friday, October 26, 2012

Recording problems II

Meanwhile I have found a way to go: After some experimentations I think, that the best position to record is close to the singer with a cardioid microphone pointing directly to my mouth. At all other positions the vocals are overpowered by the drums. I will try first the cardioid mic (AKG C-1000) and as second choice a bi-directional ribbon mic.
Approximately I will record in Mono to make it not too complicated.
Using an adapter I could set the camera and the mic on one stand, but I want to record the video from another position, so I have to use two stands.
I have found a free software to convert the mts.-files of my Panasonic. With handbrake you can easily convert to mp4 and you can also remove the audio-part of the video-file.
At last I will attach the audio-recording to the video using imovie.

I hope that this will become a big improvement of my recordings.


No comments:

Post a Comment